After introducing SSL Usenet access Giganews has recently announced an improved support for NNTP over SSL protocol: you can now establish 256 bit SSL encrypted Usenet connections to Giganews, using port 563 as well as 443. Port 563 is the default port for encrypted Usenet traffic (NNTPS protocol), while 443 is the default port for the encrypted web traffic (HTTPS). The ability to connect to your Usenet server using the latter port is a powerful feature, because if you are behind a firewall, chances are that the port 563 is closed, while port 443 is often open for HTTPS traffic.
- Do you want to lose your money online?
- Giganews offers SSL Usenet Access
- Giganews to increase Binary Newsgroup Retention Gr...
- Yottanews Free Service Problems Are Hopefully Over...
- Is MPAA Indirectly Warning GUBA?
- Yottanews Free Server Status Update
- Newsgroup Websites Sued by MPAA
- Google Groups Adds Ratings and Profiles
- Mozilla Newsgroups Hierarchy Rearranged
- GUBA Announces 20,000+ Usenet Videos for Sony Play...